The Board of The Choir School at St. Peter’s provides governance, strategic direction, resources, and expertise to carry out the organization’s mission: to strengthen and enrich young lives through excellent, rigorous choral education and performance. Board members have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals.
We are committed to building a board that represents the broad diversity of our choristers. Board members are elected to three-year terms and eligible to serve two consecutive terms.
The responsibilities of a board member include:
- Attending and actively participating in meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Being a knowledgeable champion of The Choir School mission and its impact.
- Attending concerts and fundraising events.
- Engaging members of the community on behalf of The Choir School.
- Making a financial contribution at a level that is personally meaningful.
- Participating in the fundraising efforts of the organization. Fundraising encompasses not only the financial aspects of one-on-one solicitations, special events fundraising, and other methods, but also bringing resources and skills into the organization through their own network to further the mission of the organization.